We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focusing on speech.
You are here: / / Ramadaan 1440: Speech
Ramadaan 1440: Speech
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Speech by Mufti Ismail Menk – part of a Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker expands on specific verses of the Quran relating to the use of the tongue.
- Audio lecture: Guarding the tongue by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – on the importance of being careful in our speech.
- Video lecture: Sensitivity around talking to others byt Nouman Ali Khan - part of his 2019 lecture series at Masjidul Quds in Cape Town
- Document: A printable one-page collection of hadiths, quotes, and the relevant Quranic verse about backbiting.
- Methodology: A 6-step methodology to help you build sabr in any area – including misuse of the tongue.
- E-book: The many dangers of the tongue – an in-depth analysis of the harm we can do via the tongue (Contents page here, and a good general chapter to read here)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
Miss Any Episodes?
“We want to help these ladies rewrite the script in their heads that says, “I’m not good enough for a healthy relationship” and guide them towards believing that they have value, are worthy, and deserve a good life.” – Nuraan Osman We caught up with Nuraan at IHATA in Cape Town. IHATA’s vision is to help…
Their mission is to engage Healthcare Professionals in voluntarily giving the best, high quality treatment to the most vulnerable sectors of South African society. We had a chance to sit down the brothers of Vision Medical Suite and chatted about their upbringing, family and their purpose, especially with regards to the Non Profit (Passion Project),…
Enjoy! And please give us a rating on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher or Spotify apps… This episode was brought to you in collaboration with Toledo Society. Toledo Society is a network of inspiring, engaging and high-quality podcasts for a new generation of English-speaking Muslims. Toledo’s mission is to reinvigorate Muslim identity, by becoming a launchpad for untold stories…
- The Summary of the Quran in 1 Sentence by Nouman Ali Khan
- Ramadaan with Love Series – Interview with Moulana Yusuf Arieff – E20
- Rafeeq Islaam – Shaykh – Activist – Youth Leader – S04E62
- Ramadaan with Love Series – Interview with ML Irshaad Sedick – E23
- Ramadaan with Love Series – Interview with Shaykh Kashief Damon – E19