We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focusing on speech.
You are here: / / Ramadaan 1440: Speech
Ramadaan 1440: Speech
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Speech by Mufti Ismail Menk – part of a Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker expands on specific verses of the Quran relating to the use of the tongue.
- Audio lecture: Guarding the tongue by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – on the importance of being careful in our speech.
- Video lecture: Sensitivity around talking to others byt Nouman Ali Khan - part of his 2019 lecture series at Masjidul Quds in Cape Town
- Document: A printable one-page collection of hadiths, quotes, and the relevant Quranic verse about backbiting.
- Methodology: A 6-step methodology to help you build sabr in any area – including misuse of the tongue.
- E-book: The many dangers of the tongue – an in-depth analysis of the harm we can do via the tongue (Contents page here, and a good general chapter to read here)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
Miss Any Episodes?
” Volunteering forced me to get out of my own shell… it forced me to interact with people outside of my circles … … and along the way it allowed me to figure out who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do ” – Shanaaz Ebrahim Gire on the importance of volunteering Talkative. Fun….
“Where you come from often limits how big you dream…” – Zunaid Parker Zunaid is a Principal Consultant at Pegasys, an advisory group focusing on development impact in emerging economies. Before that Zunaid worked at Eskom and Mckinsey. He tell us about his journey through his career and how important mentorship is for all of us….
“To me it was just about servicing a market that needed to be serviced with halaal information.” – Dilshad Parker A professional graphic designer who managed to turn her part-time passion project into a full-time resource and business. We get into the nitty gritty of how and why Dilshad started HungryforHalaal.co.za. Her challenges with regards…