We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focusing on speech.
You are here: / / Ramadaan 1440: Speech
Ramadaan 1440: Speech
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Speech by Mufti Ismail Menk – part of a Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker expands on specific verses of the Quran relating to the use of the tongue.
- Audio lecture: Guarding the tongue by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – on the importance of being careful in our speech.
- Video lecture: Sensitivity around talking to others byt Nouman Ali Khan - part of his 2019 lecture series at Masjidul Quds in Cape Town
- Document: A printable one-page collection of hadiths, quotes, and the relevant Quranic verse about backbiting.
- Methodology: A 6-step methodology to help you build sabr in any area – including misuse of the tongue.
- E-book: The many dangers of the tongue – an in-depth analysis of the harm we can do via the tongue (Contents page here, and a good general chapter to read here)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
Miss Any Episodes?
Enjoy! And please give us a rating on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher or Spotify apps… This episode was brought to you in collaboration with Toledo Society. Toledo Society is a network of inspiring, engaging and high-quality podcasts for a new generation of English-speaking Muslims. Toledo’s mission is to reinvigorate Muslim identity, by becoming a launchpad for untold stories…
“You are not one of us!” – “They said as they removed me from the Masjid” – Bilal Ismail Shaykh Bilal Ismail was born in Durban, South Africa. He memorized the Qurʾan while studying at school and went on to complete high school in 1998. Bilal then went on to do a diploma in Computer…
Nouman Ali Khan is an American Muslim speaker and Arabic instructor who founded the Bayyinah Institute for Arabic and Qur’anic Studies, after serving as an instructor of Arabic at Nassau Community College. He has been named one of the 500 most influential Muslims in the world by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre of Jordan. We interviewed him during his stay in…