We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focusing on speech.
You are here: / / Ramadaan 1440: Speech
Ramadaan 1440: Speech
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Speech by Mufti Ismail Menk – part of a Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker expands on specific verses of the Quran relating to the use of the tongue.
- Audio lecture: Guarding the tongue by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – on the importance of being careful in our speech.
- Video lecture: Sensitivity around talking to others byt Nouman Ali Khan - part of his 2019 lecture series at Masjidul Quds in Cape Town
- Document: A printable one-page collection of hadiths, quotes, and the relevant Quranic verse about backbiting.
- Methodology: A 6-step methodology to help you build sabr in any area – including misuse of the tongue.
- E-book: The many dangers of the tongue – an in-depth analysis of the harm we can do via the tongue (Contents page here, and a good general chapter to read here)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
Miss Any Episodes?
“Rightfully, as a Muslim community we are extremely obsessive about eating halaal and that is important. However from an investment or financial product consumption perspective, we unfortunately not at that level yet.” – Saliegh Salaam This interview with Saliegh was fascinating. We were glued to our seats and wanted more. In fact our community poured…
“I believe everybody has a story to tell – don’t discard them…” – Mariam Salie (Clinical Psychologist) We did not expect such an overwhelming response from the community on our initial #Depression video – as promised here is Episode 5. Thank you for the love and support! Please share – you might change someone’s life……
We caught up with South African Standup Comedian, Riaad Moosa, a few weeks ago at the Baxter Theatre (Cape Town). Chatted about lots of things including Mufi Menk, family , mentors, practicing medicine, success and his future plans… You going to love this interview! Please give us a rating on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher or Spotify apps… Love…