We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focusing on speech.
You are here: / / Ramadaan 1440: Speech
Ramadaan 1440: Speech
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Speech by Mufti Ismail Menk – part of a Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker expands on specific verses of the Quran relating to the use of the tongue.
- Audio lecture: Guarding the tongue by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – on the importance of being careful in our speech.
- Video lecture: Sensitivity around talking to others byt Nouman Ali Khan - part of his 2019 lecture series at Masjidul Quds in Cape Town
- Document: A printable one-page collection of hadiths, quotes, and the relevant Quranic verse about backbiting.
- Methodology: A 6-step methodology to help you build sabr in any area – including misuse of the tongue.
- E-book: The many dangers of the tongue – an in-depth analysis of the harm we can do via the tongue (Contents page here, and a good general chapter to read here)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
Miss Any Episodes?
Salams – Hello! Seeing that is it Women’s Month we thought why not?! Enjoy 10 minutes of advice and inspiration from our podcast guests thus far. Make dua (prayer) for us… Before you listen… A quick reminder about our Cape Town Leadership Conference on the 30th September 2017 at the Baxter. You may purchase your…
Imaam Hassan Walele was funny as usual but also inspiring. He tells us about him playing the banjo and guitar when he was young. How he “trekked a skuif” back in the old days and gives us some history about his Masjid in Milnerton. He also offers some advice for post Ramadaan. Enjoy! AccidentalMuslims.com is…
Their mission is to engage Healthcare Professionals in voluntarily giving the best, high quality treatment to the most vulnerable sectors of South African society. We had a chance to sit down the brothers of Vision Medical Suite and chatted about their upbringing, family and their purpose, especially with regards to the Non Profit (Passion Project),…