We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focussing on Quran.
You are here: / / Ramadaan 1440: Quran
Ramadaan 1440: Quran
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Our Belief in the Quran by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – very short lecture on the key ingredient in benefiting from the Quran.
- Audio lecture series: Reasons for revelation by Mufti Ismail Menk – Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker explains the context around the revelation of specific verses of Quran,
- Website: Islam 101’s Quran resources page – includes Pickthall translation of meanings, recitations, and more.
- Video: The purpose of life by Dr Jeffrey Lang – the story of how an atheist Maths professor came to realise the truth and purpose of life via his reading of the Quran and the use of logic.
- Institutes specialising in Quran: Mizan Institute (Cape Town), Bayyinah Institute (USA, and online via Bayyinah TV)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
Miss Any Episodes?
“Respect and love people who have less than you…” – Shabnam Palesa Mohamed We had the opportunity of interviewing Shabnam at the Durban Center for Fine Arts – bountiful place! Shabnam’s interview is so rich and authentic. We find out who the love of her life is? A real activist, change maker & passionate about…
Zuhair is the founder of Aafiyah Healing; a alternative healing modality focussing on physical and emotional problems. He has successfully taught the art of Aafiyah Energy and Emotional Healing across the UK and globally. Zuhair is a charismatic trainer who delivers “life transforming” workshops and seminars on various disciplines of Healing, Mental Health and Wellbeing….
“I became an Aalim at the age of 17 years old – I still didn’t understand life.” – Sandile Twala The Shaykh starts with a beautiful story about his mother and explains what Islam is really about. His experience at a Darool Uloom and the challenges faced staying in the rural areas of South Africa….