We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focussing on Quran.
You are here: / / Ramadaan 1440: Quran
Ramadaan 1440: Quran
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Our Belief in the Quran by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – very short lecture on the key ingredient in benefiting from the Quran.
- Audio lecture series: Reasons for revelation by Mufti Ismail Menk – Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker explains the context around the revelation of specific verses of Quran,
- Website: Islam 101’s Quran resources page – includes Pickthall translation of meanings, recitations, and more.
- Video: The purpose of life by Dr Jeffrey Lang – the story of how an atheist Maths professor came to realise the truth and purpose of life via his reading of the Quran and the use of logic.
- Institutes specialising in Quran: Mizan Institute (Cape Town), Bayyinah Institute (USA, and online via Bayyinah TV)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
Miss Any Episodes?
“Routine works well when there is flexibility. Quiet time in the evening before bed for kids are essential” – Fatima Osman “I made a decision to become a Baby Love Consultant as I can help others, as I know that there are a lot of parents out there such as first time mums/parents as well…
We recently visited Saaleha’s home in Johannesburg. She recited a beautiful poem for us. Yes, she wrote it. “I cannot eat dates without wondering” – Enjoy! Full episode will be published in Season 2 – after Ramadaan. iA! AccidentalMuslims.com is self funded and a community one – so please share this episode – the more…
We sat down and cried with Radia Razack as she described herself and childhood experiences. We chatted mostly about her blog, her childhood and life lessons. Check out her blog here – (not for the faint-hearted). She uses her blog as a platform to share her fears and thoughts, misgivings and learnings. Book coming soon…