We continue our special Ramadaan development plan focussing on Quran.
You are here: / Archives for Ramadaan
Ramadaan 1440: Quran
For the daily tasks, please visit our Facebook page.
Capture your notes
To help you capture your notes on the current tasks, use this week’s worksheet (MS Word version or PDF). Note that the worksheet covers the full range of tasks for the theme, but you need only fill in the bits relevant to the current day’s task.
In working through the current tasks, you may find the following useful:
- Audio lecture: Our Belief in the Quran by Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar – very short lecture on the key ingredient in benefiting from the Quran.
- Audio lecture series: Reasons for revelation by Mufti Ismail Menk – Ramadan tafseer series in which the speaker explains the context around the revelation of specific verses of Quran,
- Website: Islam 101’s Quran resources page – includes Pickthall translation of meanings, recitations, and more.
- Video: The purpose of life by Dr Jeffrey Lang – the story of how an atheist Maths professor came to realise the truth and purpose of life via his reading of the Quran and the use of logic.
- Institutes specialising in Quran: Mizan Institute (Cape Town), Bayyinah Institute (USA, and online via Bayyinah TV)
And the most important resources of all are the right intentions, sincere dua asking for success in this venture, and then consistent effort to do your best.
To help you make the most of this blessed month, we’ll be running a Ramadaan development plan. This programme is completely custom-made: you will be doing the work yourself – taking into account your own personal circumstances, weaknesses, abilities, and schedule.
“When you don’t hear the sounds of children at the back of the masjid then fear the next generation. ” – Zaakira Ansarmeeah We interviewed Mu’allimah in Ramadan and has such an inspirational time chatting to her. She teaches at Riyaadul-Uloom in Mustgrave, Durban with a Diploma in Childhood Impediments of Learning and a Certification…